Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year !



OUR WHITE CHRISTMAS !

I hope you all had a joyous Christmas and a great New Years !We had a great time visiting with Family and friends over the holidays.

I love Christmas time ! Everything is prettier when it is sprinkled with Christmas. We took our holiday decorations down last week ! I am always a bit sad when we box everything up and put it away until the next year . I usually use this opportunity to reorganize or redo a particular room or area. See, I am a knick knack girl ! No, I do not have collections of precious moments or miniature ceramic dogs . But, I do have stuff ! Too much stuff ! I am such a bargain shopper that usually if I find something that I like I buy it and then find a place for it. I am clearly out of places for things.

Needless to say, we (as a family ) have been on a radical cleaning spree these past 2 weeks ! Yea ! I have 7 black trash bags full of stuff to donate and I am just getting started. I have found that having all these people under one roof, encourages the habit of decluttering ! It is a do or be buried , kinda thing ! We have very limited attic space and so last week I cleaned out our attic. It is a great feeling and while it is not fun to do these kinda "projects" on our vacation, it is hopefully teaching all of us ( and by us , I mean me ) to acquire less stuff.

We as a family are trying to focus this year on the little details. In our relationships with one another, in our "jobs" at our house and mostly to be faithful children of the Lord ! I have been reading a great devotional by Elisabeth Elliot called "Keep a Quiet Heart" on this day she talked about Luke 16:10-12. The verses about "He who is faithful in a little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous in much. "

I do desire to be faithful in all my "roles" this year !

No comments:

Post a Comment