Monday, July 26, 2010

Traveling to Chicago !



We are finally here and I have to share about our trip . This is our pond in the back of our house.

First of all , thank you to all our precious friends who blessed us the week we were leaving, it was a really crazy time being home alone( without Matt) and with all the kids, and also with the movers. We made it through the week even though it seemed like such a looong week !

My sweet friend, Tiffany took my crazy crew to the airport, so here we were curbside , checked all our luggage and then I proceded through to security with 5 kids, 4 carry on bags, one carseat and one stroller. Security was fun! But the really fun part was yet to come. We were there in plenty of time to eat, go to the bathroom and get ready to board.
Matt had strategically reserved our 6 seats all in a row. I get to the gate to find we will be taking another plane and we no longer have those seating assignments. Finally, I find someone to help me and she gets our seats 2 sets of 3 in a row. It is boarding time we load and get everyone settled, Quinton has never flown before and is very nervous about the whole thing. My three big kids are 2 seats ahead of me and I am in the middle of the little ones. We wait in the plane for an hour ! Then I hear the news, I was afraid of , we all need to get off the plane.
I am really thinking I must be on a punked show for people who are not famous. Do I laugh ? Do I cry?
We all exit the plane, same amount of stuff except no stroller. We all potty again and eat again, because it is almost dinner time. Finally, another hour later we board the plane.

I was so happy to see Matt and he had ordered Chicago style pizza and ribs for the family.
We just chilled our first weekend here !

I will try to be a better blogger than I have been since we are are so far away !

No comments:

Post a Comment