Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back to school with 5 kids

We started school 2 weeks ago ! For a homeschool mom this phrase takes on a very different
meaning ! Besides school supplies , we get to buy all the text books and plan all the lessons. This year I have a sixth grader , third grader , first grader and my two little ones. It can appear to be impossible to be organized and have a clean house and school everyone. Here is how I do it! Not perfectly, but with Gods grace I am trying .

When I first started homeschooling I went to a homeschool fair and the Lord (really, it was Him) took me to a random book I found at a book booth. The book by Steve and Teri Maxwell is called" Managers of their homes ". Let me say this, if you have more than 2 kids and you are home all day, you need to buy this book. If you homeschool your kids and do not have this book, you must buy this book ! Can you tell I love this book!
Here is the idea in the book, the family who wrote the book have many children and they were very organized. They asked 20 of their friends would you like to use our schedule and plans for running a home and see if they work for you ? The book is their plan and their friends thoughts about the plan and how they tailored the plan to their family. There is copies of schedules in the back of the book. As a foster mom and a homeschool mom, my family is always changing , but one thing remains, I still must get my job done !

The Maxwell's are a humble and amazing family who really desire to bring glory to the Lord. Their website is titus2. I just bought" Managers of Their chores" and I am so excited to have a great plan in that area of our home. I would recommend any of their resources .

Anyway, Especially if you are just starting to homeschool this is a great resource to help you get a plan in place, and that seems to be half the battle sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment