Friday, September 11, 2009

I am getting old !


I turned 40 years old today !

Do you remember when your mom and aunts turned 30 years old or 40 and you thought, Wow ! they are soooo old ? Well, I do ! I have been in major denial that I am turning 40 ! I am having trouble even typing the number ! Last night I went to bed knowing when I wake in the morning I will be old !

I woke up this morning to our family tradition , which is cake for breakfast ! Matt bought me White Chocolate rasberry truffle Cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory. This was a great way to start any day !! My cute family had cards and gifts for me ! My entire day was filled with calls and emails from people I love ! My precious Husband made me one of my favorite meals- shrimp boil ! He is so good ! Needless to say , what started as a day filled with self- pity and fear of old age , ended with my heart being changed and me being thankful to be alive and thankful to be surrounded by so many priceless blessings. Here are 5 of them !

No comments:

Post a Comment