Saturday, September 19, 2009

(Yes, my baby has on a bow tie)

ADOPTION DAY!

This week has been a whirlwind for our family! On Tuesday we found out that we would be able to adopt our baby on Friday! Wednesday we went to the Cps office and our baby was moved from a foster placement to an adoptive placement. We had so many people jumping through hoops to get this adoption finished this week

We have had the privilege of working with a Great CPS worker. I know everyone has his or her own opinion of cps workers. Here are the facts we know about these people, they are not paid much money, they work long hours, and they deal with crazy people who have done crazy things, most of them really seem to care about kids, and like in any profession you have those that are good workers and those that are not great. We have loved our worker on this case. We feel so blessed we got to work with her. She really wanted the best for our child.

Anyway, Thursday night I got everyone’s clothes together and ironed (I am funny about ironing) Matt and I both could not sleep. It was a strange yet somewhat familiar feeling. I had all 3 biological kids with c-sections and so I always knew when my babies were coming. This night kinda felt like that. We were excited to have the whole thing finalized. We were so excited for him to have our name. For us to be able to say he was ours. To go to the doctors office and they do not call out some random name when it is my baby’s time to go back, they will call out the name we gave him instead. On the flip side we know him, we were there when he got his first tooth, and when he said his first word which was Ummyummyumm (His word for yeah food), and when he took his first few steps, which was this week! He has seemed like our baby from day oneYet, the whole week has seemed surreal! We believed this was what we were supposed to do since fall 2006. It has been a long journey for us. We do feel so blessed, because we know there are others who do not have any children and they long for even one to call their own.

While this has been a long journey, we have been so blessed by the body of Christ! I will save that long post for another day.

So Friday we went to the courthouse and the whole thing took about an hour. It was too easy! A few papers to sign a few minutes before the judge and he is ours. I could not help but cry when the judge said his name.

I could not help but think about the picture on spiritual terms. Our father has chosen us (all believers in Christ) to be his kids. He plucked me out of my crazy life and put me in a new place and in a new family. I now have a new identity in Him, the old has gone and the new has come. That is the story of my baby and the story of my life.

People say to us,” you are so great to do this”, we are not great, we are sinners saved only by grace! Yet, we serve a great and awesome God! Who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask.

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you guys!! Wow! Five!! I can't believe how big Grace, Patrick and Ethan are! All of your children are beautiful. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited to have Matthew as a nephew and our new cousin. The kids ask me every day when will Quinton be ours too. We can't wait to celebrate with you guys during Christmas and hopefully before then! We love you and miss you and are so proud to be part of your family! Love you!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete