Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Adopted for life



In case you are interested in adopting or you know someone who is , there is a great book out there called ," Adopted for life " by Russell D Moore. Matt and I picked this book up the week it came out and I could not put it down. It was so exciting to read a book that discussed everything I felt inside.

This man and his wife struggled with infertility issues and they adopted internationally. He is a very intellectual man and yet he allows the reader to see into his daddy's heart.

He covers a variety of issues that face the person who is considering adoption.

He also paints a beautiful picture of our adoption as our Father has chosen us and how he lovingly brings us into His family.

He discusses how adoption is the gospel ! Of course , I am a fan of adoption. I truly get the picture of what has happened in my home and what GOD has done in my life. It humbles me greatly !!

He also covers the role of the church and this got me thinking. Thinking about all the famous people who have gone to other countries to adopt kids. I was thinking about the guy who started the campaign to send computers to third world countries. TOMS shoes , so cool ! Are any of these people believers? WHAT ARE WE DOING ? I can tell you what some of my friends are doing; I have friends who support a local crisis pregnancy center, I have friends who serves at a homeless shelter regularly, I know believers who are trying to get licensed to be foster to adopt parents, I have friends who have now adopted their second biracial baby. We (people who know Jesus ) need to take His word to heart when He says true religion is to care for the orphans and the widows.

I also believe with the Haiti crisis, there will be many opportunities for believers to show their faith to the world . There were 380,000 orphans in Haiti , there is no telling when the dust settles how many more there will be.

I do see God moving in the hearts of His people and they are moving to action and it is amazing! I love hearing stories of people opening their hearts and checkbooks to the people of Haiti.

Anyway, pick up this book for yourself, or for anyone you know who is interested in adopting. It is good stuff !!

No comments:

Post a Comment